At some point you and the staff of the CAMHS team will think about what will happen when you leave CAMHS.
It might be that you are feeling better and no longer need to see CAMHS. Or sometimes you may need to move on to other services, for example if you need more intensive support, or if you reach adulthood and need support from adult services.
You and your family will agree with staff a time when you are ready to leave the service and staff will make sure you know how to get back in touch with us if you need to.
Tips for transitioning to other services
- Before you leave CAMHS you will have a meeting with us to assess your needs. We will work on a care plan with you setting out what support you will get when you move on.
- You will have lots of notice of your transition from CAMHS so you know what to expect and when.
- This is about your life, so you will be involved in the decisions.
- If you are not happy with what’s being offered to you, then please speak to us.
- You will have the right to be heard, and your opinions matter.
- Young Minds guide to transitioning leaflet