Slide background

Worried about your child?

If you are worried about your child a good first step is to talk to a professional who knows them well. This might be a teacher, social worker or GP. They will be able to tell you  about possible courses of action, and will often be able to refer your child direct to CAMHS should that prove necessary.

In many cases referral to CAMHS will not be necessary and the professional will be able to offer advice, treatment or tell you about other services that may be able to help you.

Eating disorders

If you concerned that your child may be developing an eating disorder, ask your GP to make a referral. You can also self-refer to this service. You can call the service between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday on 020 8354 8160 and ask to speak to the Duty Eating Disorders clinician who will discuss your concerns with you. 

Please remember: CAMHS is not an emergency service; if you need to get help urgently then you must contact the child’s doctor’s surgery or take them to  Accident & Emergency.

Young Minds

The Young Minds website has reliable information for parents and carers about common mental health problems and behaviour concerns in children and young people. There is information about symptoms, possible causes and what you can do to help.


Site by
Lucid Graphics